Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is "RUNDLL32.LGC"?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Passion4Muzik

Passion4Muzik

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:59 AM

Lately I noticed that when I try to shut my computer down, it won't turn off sometimes. When I ctrl + alt + delete, I see the task manager and "rundll32" is there with a couple other applications. I just did a search on my computer for "rundll32" and found "RUNDLL32" along with a Microsoft logo and then I found "RUNDLL32.LGC". What is the second one? The first was created in 2000 and the second was created in 2004. The second opens with an unknown application and there's no "version" tab like there is on the first one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:44 AM

Depending on the location, RUNDLL32.LGC is either an essential Windows process or is a process which is registered as the W32.Miroot.Worm.

Perform a complete anti-virus scan of your hard drive in safe mode, just to be sure.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users