Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lsass.exe - system error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:15 AM

Hi Y'all !
I have a Gateway, desktop computer with Windows XP on it. It was givin to me because it has a major problem !
When the computer is turned on and just before the Windows logo pops up, an error shows up that says......
lsass.exe - System error Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of the following error: The handle is invalid. Error Status: 0xc0000008. Please click OK to shutdown this system and reboot into Safe mode, check the event log for more detailed information.
The computer won't go into Safe mode. It does the same thing when I try to go into safe mode. After doing some research, I haven't come up with any solution. Does anyone have any info on this problem ?
Any and all help is much appreciated !!!
Thank you !
The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:40 AM

Try running the "chkdsk /r" command from the Recovery Console.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Windows-Recover...sole-from-XP-CD
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:17 AM

Also worth a look, IMO: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316751.

08 STOP errors are not common...much speculation ranging from the above to Sasser infection. I didn't see any post out of several situations...where anyone resolved this successfully or conclusively.

Louis

#4 sixdecibels

sixdecibels

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:31 AM

I have seen this problem a few times,
I usually reinstall windows.

There is a post here
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112734

I have found that a lot of the time this kind of error is caused by a faulty hard disk drive. I would find out what manufacturer of hard drive you have and download the relevant disk utility from the manufacturers website and run a full extended test. If it finds any errors I would buy a new drive. I know bad sectors can be repaired but I have found that drives that have errors don't tend to do that well in the long run.

I have also seen this caused by antivirus software 'healing' or deleting a virus.

#5 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

I went ahead and did a full restore and now everythings OK !! Thanks to those who helped me in my time of need !!!!
The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

Sounds like a winner :thumbsup:, thanks for providing us feedback.

Happy computing :flowers:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users