Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Antivirus virus?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Robdar

Robdar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:08 AM

Hi all, a couple days ago I started getting weird pop ups from a "Antivirus Visa" icon in the bottom right tray. It says " Security Breach" or "Threat Detected" or "Virus Detection".
Every half hour or so I get a window trying to get me to register it or buy a "full version", sometimes a window saying "Security Alert". Also, I get "reports" listing spyware and keyloggers but it's all random stuff i've never downloaded or even seen.

I am using Vista but I don't think the icon has been there before this. I have Kaspersky 2010, which I always keep on and updated... I ran a full scan and it still says my computer is protected, though it says it detected 3 trojans. :thumbsup: I'm really not sure what to do here since the disinfect button is just grayed out and unclickable. Also, I downloaded Spybot, ran a scan, clicked "fix selected problems" and I still get the pop ups... I'll keep this marked so I can answer any questions anyone willing to help might have. Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Edit: I think the trojan detects on Kaspersky are ok. One is disinfected, one is under an "absent" tab (i guess that's good lol), and one was just a web page that I'm pretty sure is fine. But yeah the Vista thing is still there...

Edited by Robdar, 02 April 2010 - 12:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users