Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what on earth is my problem? Possibly a virus?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roffles92

roffles92

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:28 PM

So when I boot up my computer in normal mode, before it logs me in, it gives me like a svchost error and it won't load it. It asks to terminate or to debug and neither help. Then it goes to load my personal setting and it gives me an explorer.exe error and it wont load either. Thus, leaving my whole computer useless with a blank desktop. What's my problem? A possible virus? I went into safe mode and tried using last working config, and neither help. It won't let me execute many programs, even in safe mode. My computer won't execute my anti-virus "Avast" and it won't let me execute such programs like ventrilo in safemode either. AIM appears to load if that's any help. It seems like explorer.exe and svchost.exe loads up in safe mode too. I can't system restore and can't use my anti-virus to search for any possible viruses too.

Any ideas on what's wrong? Is my only hope to reformat? Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

new update: i was able to log in after my svchost error without putting my computer in safe mode, but virtually nothing works. AVAST still doesnt work. STEAM wont load. ventrilo wont load. many many programs won't execute. however, there are very few programs that do work, but my internet explorer and firefox says there is no internet connection.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by roffles92, 02 April 2010 - 12:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 roffles92

roffles92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:09 AM

bump

#3 roffles92

roffles92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:19 PM

can anyone give any piece of advice or info?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users