Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Connect a Projector to PC

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 applesauce1234

applesauce1234

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

Hey there

I just bought a Digital Galaxy Projector 737... http://www.digitalgalaxy.com.cn/

I can't get my PC to recognize it... The projector has two options I can use to connect it... 1 is a monitor cable (VGA i think its called?), and the 2nd is an S-video cable (the circular end with all the pins)... neither seem to do anything, even if i tell the projector to enter that mode...

When I first hooked it up, I turned off my computer, and plugged into the projector via the s-video cable... it worked, but only for a few seconds, then went to no signal...

Now the projector just says "no signal" no matter which cable i use.

Is there something I have to do in terms of telling my computer to send a signal, or should it do it automatically?

thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alexagoin

alexagoin

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

The projectors are coming in modern days user manual books and templates. So you have to try that or connect 15 pin male monitor connector into project female connector.

#3 applesauce1234

applesauce1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

yeah for sure...

the manual, however, is a pretty terrible chinese-english translation, and is very unclear....

maybe i should rephrase my question... is it better for me to connect a projector to a PC via the VGA cable, or via the s-video cable? and also, should everything be unplugged before i make any connections, or does not matter?

or were you saying that every projector is different, and that you cannot give a universal answer?

thanks

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

What version of windows are you running? And also if it's a laptop hook up he VGA cable and hit either fn f4 or fn f7
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 applesauce1234

applesauce1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:15 PM

hey there

im running windows xp home... its not a laptop... i just turn everything off, connect it via VGA cables, and then what? do i have to do a PC equivalent of hitting fn f4 or f7? or should the signal just automatically go to the projector?

also, i have a vga y-splitter... can i plug both my monitor and the projector in at the same time? if so, is there anything different i have to do?

thanks!

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:16 PM

it should work with the method you just explained no you do not have to hit any key.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#7 applesauce1234

applesauce1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:27 PM

hey there

so, ive tried the method you suggested... it works, but only for a couple of minutes... everything is turned off, i turn on the projector, then i boot up my PC (windows xp home, not a laptop)... the image is indeed being projected, but only until it gets to the windows splash screen... then it just loses the signal all of a sudden...

this problem does not occur with either a friend's laptop (i use the same vga connector), or with my Wii (i use video cables)...

any ideas?

thanks

#8 applesauce1234

applesauce1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:03 PM

yeah i tried it again... the projector works fine as my PC is booting... but once the windows splash screen is gone, and the windows desktop starts loading, the signal is just lost...

this doesnt seem to suggest a driver problem does it? it doesnt happen with laptops...

do i have to tell windows to send the image to a different monitor? i was reading how with vista, you have to hold the windows key down and hit X or something... but i just have XP... is there a way to do that with XP?

any help would be much appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users