Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing the CMOS battery

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vperez

vperez

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:19 PM

Good Evening All,
Getting ready to change the board battery. Read the "How To" section, but might not be understanding. I went into set up mode to write down the BIOS settings, but not sure what I'm to be writing down. The only thing I see that refers to BIOS is the Core v6.0 and Revision 3.0 5/2002. Is there something I'm missing?
Thanks Much,
Victoria

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

There's no need to write down CMOS settings, that's an instruction that used to be necessary long ago.

When the battery is replaced properly, the CMOS defaults (designed to assure system boot) will take over.

Then you boot into the BIOS...set the data and time and save all changes...hit F10 or whatever to save the changes...and you should be good.

Louis

#3 vperez

vperez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:06 PM

Louis,
Again, THANKS MUCH. Saved me the cost of seeing the local computer geek. So far, so good. Did some of the things that would cause the crashes and it's been fine.
Be Blessed,
Victoria

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:39 AM

Glad it's working out for you...if problems arise, you know where to come, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users