Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless network problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FailedAttempt

FailedAttempt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

My wireless connection drops randomly between every few minutes to few hours. When I check the "Wireless Network Connection" icon that normally shows our network name (Whatever) and signal strength (Excellent) I notice that the network name has changed to (Access Point) and I lose internet connection on this laptop. Any idea on how to fix this? If it makes any difference, the router we're using is a 2wire 3800HGV-B from ATT/Uverse.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

What version of windows?

Do you use the wireless software or windows to connect?

If you look for your wireless network is it listed?

Is "Whatever" the SSID of your network?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 FailedAttempt

FailedAttempt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

What version of windows?

Do you use the wireless software or windows to connect?

If you look for your wireless network is it listed?

Is "Whatever" the SSID of your network?

Windows XP Pro.

Windows, there was no new software that I'm aware of when they came and installed it.

Yes, my network is listed and the SSID is "Whatever"... in the list it has our network and a few neighbor networks, but Whatever is the only one in preferred networks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users