Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plenty of problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KingofDestruction

KingofDestruction

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

Ok normally I can solve these problems using previous information combined from old problems. Im struck. Ive tried everything.

List Of Problems:
1. Firefox won't start without error
2. Computer loads EXTREMELY slow.
3. Computer freezes after a maximum of 20mins, but not in safe mode.. this would indicate drivers but Ive tried updating alot of them with no results.
4. I have a Nintendo Wifi USB Connector, after its unplugged and plugged in again it will not start up until the computer is restarted.
5. Having issues updating systems like Malwarebytes and Avira Antivirus.
6. Blue Screen of Death. Its happened I think three times. Im not on computer much because mom is always on poker so I cant get the error numbers but you get the point.

Ive called people about it and they think its viral hackers, but at the same time MBAM has always found my problems and kicked them to the curb and if it were simply viruses it wouldn't be doing fine in safe mode.

Computer is a Windows XP 2000. Ive thought of doing a full system restore but a while back we had a hard drive failure and when we got a new one the installer failed to give us the OS install disk.

Please help.
Ive ran Malware Bytes with no results.. as well as superantispyware..Ive done disk cleanups with Crap Cleaner AND comodos cleaner. Im so close to throwin this friggin thin thru a window. Please give me any information you can.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

You can download/install BlueScreenView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html and get an idea of what the system sees as problematical and causing BSODs.

Double-click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.

When scanning is done, Edit/Select All...then/Save File/Save Selected Items. Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

System manufacturer...system model?

Louis

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

Run a memtest from http://www.memtest.org and see if your memory is bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users