Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system restore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Keith1

Keith1

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:44 PM

i have used system restore several times in the past with no problems. but recently, when i try to restore to an earlier time it doesn't work. i have tried several different days dating back about a week ago but everytime i get this message - restoration incomplete - your computer cannot be restored to:...

what do i need to check for this problem? Keith

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:10 AM

have you done a virus scan lately?

#3 Keith1

Keith1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:10 AM

yes, i ran AVG and it came up clean. i also ran Spybot and Adaware - spybot was clean and Adaware found three items whch i quarantined.

the reason i want to restore to an earlier is that i had a problem installing a program ( RestoreIT - by Farstone ). while downloading it a spybot window popped up and said something about a registry change and i selected deny. this might be wher i messed-up. anyhow i down loaded it to my desktop, which they recommended. it is a zipped folder. they said just double-click on the icon to install the program but a window comes up with 63 icons on it. i tried extracting but that folder did the same thing.

so i uninstalled it and someone suggested i restore back and try again and accept the registry change. sorry to be so long winded, but i thought you should have all the info relevent to my dilemma. i am trying to contact their support also.

thanks, Keith

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:28 AM

Since you have deleted it, just reinstall it from wherever you downloaded it in the first place and when the permission for the registry change appears allow it. (assuming you are certain that it is the cause of the registry change notification).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users