Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browsers Won't Open

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrMiyagi

MrMiyagi

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:11 AM

My grandpa told me that he couldn't get on the internet, so I told him I'd take a look at his computer for him. He had been using Internet Explorer, so I double clicked his IE shortcut, the timer popped up for a second, then nothing happens - the browser never opens. I then transferred the latest Mozilla Firefox to his computer, but that did not work as well.

I transferred some programs from my computer to his and ran spybot, followed by malware bytes (quick scan), followed by ESET online scan, followed by Root Repeal, followed by a final Malware Bytes full scan. Spybot, Malware Bytes (quick), and ESET all found and removed issues - ESET finding and removing the vundo (he has AVG installed and up to date). Root Repeal and the final Malware Bytes scan found nothing, so I retried Firefox - still had the same problem.

Is it possible that something is still there? The first Malware Bytes quick scan seemed to miss the vundo that ESET picked up. At this point I'm pretty much stumped. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by MrMiyagi, 01 April 2010 - 10:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrMiyagi

MrMiyagi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:27 AM

If it helps, Firefox in Safe Mode does nothing either.

#3 MrMiyagi

MrMiyagi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

I guess this thread can be closed. I've searched on other forums as well as this one, and I've tried everything I can think of. Judging by the lack of responses this issue is lost on everyone else too. I am just going to reformat, that will probably be easier anyway, as there is not much on the computer. Thanks to anyone who tried.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users