Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxy Error Msg

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 redjeep

redjeep

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:43 AM

Alright so here is the deal ill try and make it as brief as i can. I joined a website when i was at a hotel room, i was able to log into the website no problems and all was right in the world. When i got home and i tried logging in i noticed the website doesnt allow "Anonymous Proxy users" (apparently someone trashed their website and they are now carefull with who they let join). So i go to my IE tools, go to connections and Lan settings, and according to the tab i DO NOT have proxy enabled. I called my ISP and asked if they acted as a proxy for my internet access they said no they do not (ofcourse they could be lying or she could have had no clue what i was talking about). To be honest i dont know what im talking about lol. I read a little on proxy and dont quite understand it but what i do know is i need to get rid of it if im going to be able to access this website.

So what could be causing their website to detect that im runnin on anon proxy? And can i get rid of it? My computer isnt on a network (to my knowledge) i have my computer hooked directly into the modem. Any help would be appreciated.

I have Windows XP, and run off Cable internet.

Edited by redjeep, 01 April 2010 - 08:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users