Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help! Redirecting, cookies, program issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Valerie1124

Valerie1124

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:34 AM

I have officially lost my mind over this! Please HELP!
I have restored my computer back to factory condition several times-from the recovery console that HP has given me of course, downloaded all of my updates for Vista, running McAfee total protection, malwarebytes, and several more to find out what is going on. I have downloaded IE8 but I use Mozilla for the majority of the time.

Here are the issues so far:
-Redirecting constantly(esp. ebay...ads have been opted out of, yahoo opted out, and called several times) Used Adblock with Mozilla and Noscript-but they are still redirecting to sites such as: ad.yieldmanager, doubleclick, admdt.com, omniture, and trust me...tons more-no matter what I use!
-Networking, my son is a big gamer and it seems when he is online...my programs don't run or my computer automatically goes to LOCAL ONLY access if away from it-but in LOCAL it runs better-seems like the programs run better?
-Flash cookies corrupted...when I uninstall Adobe-seems like the cookies are "better" but I need a flash program to run for Ebay...and I have used the Adobe settings manager to delete the bad sites daily.
-Have to disable user account control (UAC) in order for all of my programs to work
-Seems that the majority are from roaming applications?
-This is a touchsmart-sometimes penflicks will just start doing it's own thing...ugh!

Please let me know what this could be. The computer seems to be fine until I hit the "myebay" page or facebook...or of course my son is gaming again! Ugh!

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 01 April 2010 - 07:52 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users