Hello and and Welcome to Bleepingcomputer
Please note we are very busy, so if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If you have since resolved
your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.
I do not recommend that you have more
than one anti virus product installed and running on your computer at a time. The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, then those products which do not encrypt the virus strings within them can cause other anti virus products to cause "false alarms
". It can also lead to a clash as both products fight for access to files which are opened again this is the resident/automatic protection. In general terms, the two programs may conflict and cause:
1) False Alarms
: When the anti virus software tells you that your PC has a virus when it actually doesn't.
2) System Performance Problems
: Your system may lock up due to both products attempting to access the same file at the same time.
Therefore please go to add/remove
in the control panel and remove either Trend Micro
- Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
- Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
- Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
- Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<info.txt (<
- Please download GMER from one of the following locations, and save it to your desktop:
- Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
- Zip Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs, as this process may crash your computer.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with gmer's driver.
- Double click on Gmer to run it.
- Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- You may see a rootkit warning window, If you do, click No.
- Untick the following boxes on the right side of the Gmer screen.
- Click on and wait for the scan to finish.
- If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
- Push and save the logfile to your desktop.
- Copy and Paste the contents of that file in your next post.
Then please post back here with the following:
- Gmer log