Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help!! overclocking CPU and chipset

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 5thForce

5thForce

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:14 AM

i want to overclock my CPU and chipset..... PLEASE HELP

here is info

CHIPSET: Intel® 945GV Express Chipset Family

CPU:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I HAVE DOWBLOADED 1 SOFTWARE TO OVERCLOCK CPU BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO USE

HERE: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Cloc...nload-7125.html
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

First, load up the software, and see what PLL/clock gens it supports. Then look on your board to find out which PLL/clock gen chip it uses as most software programs (Everest/CPU-Z etc) don't list the PLL. If the PLL is supported then you raise the FSB/clock with your overclocking program, tweek voltage of CPU and memory, check for safe CPU temps and go from there. Your system might not be software overclockable. Software overclocks were most often done on earlier models, but you might luck out.

That being said, why the need to overclock? It looks to have onboard video, so it likely won't be used for serious gaming purposes. Overclocking a CPU for anything else is a losing proposition as most apps won't show any change.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

You can experiment with the program, however, you can achieve a faster, more stable overclock from within the BIOS. That being said, Overclocking, even when done right, shortens the life span of your computers components, even if you manage to keep the heat down. Your system doesn't appear to have anything more then stock cooling-which means you need to make sure you have some way of monitoring temps to make sure you don't overheat and fry your system. And even if you manage to keep it well within cool limits, its making your hardware work harder and do stuff that it was never designed to do, which does nothing but shorten the life span of you computer. I never recomend overclocking, but if your set on doing it make sure you get some sort of temperature monitoring software and perhaps doing some reading, this might give you an idea of the basics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overclocking

Edited by the_patriot09, 01 April 2010 - 11:29 AM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users