Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing system

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

I was wondering if I install a new motherboard and processor into a Gateway would it cause any O.S. corruption?

Its old 939 Socket Type mother board is unavailable and no longer out there. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

If the board you intend to replace is original issue...what is the Gateway system model?

Louis

#3 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:33 PM

The original Model is A Gateway GM5072 .

I went ahead and installed new Motherboard and processor. It did make me re-assigned the keys to windows however it did not turn out like a nightmare.

Long ago I did this and the O.S. was just very unstable with the new upgrade, but this one seem to take it quite nicely.

Thanks for the help

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

Glad you resolved it.

Fair chance that the instability you experienced before...was due to using the same hard drive with two different boards. In which case, all of the drivers would be conceivably different, unless you replaced with a similar board.

In any case, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users