Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP m1070n : No Audio Device Found

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 phoenixcrash

phoenixcrash

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

I have a Hp m1070n that I picked up second-hand a while back. I upped the RAM from 512mb to 1gb and added a new HP DVD burner. The computer is completely off-line and is used primarily for 2 things: 1) Video editing and processing. 2) Recording and mixing audio tracks (using programs such as Cakewalk Home Studio XL and Steinberg Cubase). Ever since the first time I plugged my guitar into the line/mic inputs I've only been able to get the sound to come out of the left speaker. I found that if I wiggled the cord to the right spot sound would come through both channels. This is when I first suspected that something may be wrong with my onboard audio. So, the other day I fire it up, open Windows Media Player to listen to some jams and my entire library turned red, followed by an error message that states: No Audio Device Found. The Device Manager says that everything is "working properly". I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the audio device and drivers, resetting the BIOS to default settings, enabling Windows Audio under "Services", etc. Does anyone out there know the solution for this? I've looked everywhere on the net only to come up empty handed (including HP Chat, which was a total waste of time). If I can't find a solution for this, is switching to a PCI "Add-In" card an option? If so, can anyone recommend a fairly cheap sound card (under $40, possibly on Ebay) that's compatible with my PC? I would rather find a solution to the onboard audio, but like I said, I've always had problems getting sound through both left and right channels. Any and all help on this matter will be much appreciated. BTW, if you need the specs on my PC here is the link to the HP site with the info:
HP m1070n Product Specs

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305803/hp-m1070n-needs-sound-card-upgrade/

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users