Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new motherbord old parts....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rfgggg

rfgggg

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

well can anyone tell me if this power supply

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=1077

will work with this MOBO

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...AIN#detailspecs

i have the processor a sata HDD and one that connects with a ribbon and RAM and a vid card and like 5 fans so.....i have all that i need this is all thats left....

YAY!

o ya one more thing need to know what type of RAM i have i think its DDR2 but can anyone tell me how i can tell...(btw its not conected to a computer at all....)

Edited by rfgggg, 31 March 2010 - 08:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:53 PM

Well, yes, they will work together. Now why you would want that low end PSU with a NVidia chipset Socket775 will take awhile to figure out. Unless you absolutely have to have SLI, get an Intel chipset.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

You may want a better PSU, 450W or better depending on the graphics card. Your RAM may work if it is DDR2-800, 1066, or 1333. There should be a sticker on the RAM sticks telling you what they are, however, DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 are not physically compatible with each other. This means if you can install it on the motherboard, it should be DDR2 and work.

3939.png

#4 rfgggg

rfgggg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

well i would go with somethin a bit better an may upgrade at some point but my old system with the vid card used s 300w psu but the main reason that i was wanting to go with these is that im kinda on an extramly low budget and to get the money for these will take me bout a month.....

and my RAM doesnt really say (as far as i can tell) but im going to my friends house tomarrow and ill just ask their dad (he actually owns his own computer repair business)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users