Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting to network/internet at startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PaCarlton

PaCarlton

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:55 PM

I have a machine running XP Pro with all updates which cotains an important database. Often I access this database at night using logmein. The computer uses a Belkin? wifi dongle which is controlled by Belkin's software. The computer automatically updates itself from Microsoft but sometimes the update will force a restart. When this happens the machine goes offline and stays like that until someone manually logs on to it. Obviously I could get round the problem by disabling automatic updates but is there any other way of making the machine log on to the internet before it reaches the login screen so that I can continue to use it after restart?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:16 PM

It should automatically get online if all services are running.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

Once the firewall is properly setup, Internet access becomes available on my systems. None before, which makes sense.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users