Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with Rkill

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grizzlies64

Grizzlies64

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

Hello, I recently just have gotten the Antivirus Soft thing that has the popups and everything.........i was reading through the antivirus soft uninstall and it told me to download the rkill. i downloaded it and every time i try to run it a window pops ups and said your are running in safe mode blablablabla.......what i am trying to get at is do i run rkill on safe with networking or just normal windows from regular start up?

i am currently using a differnt computer but i would like to get that one over and done with. pleasee help me and thank you very much!

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:54 PM

Removal Guide, Antivirus Soft

As I read the instructions...it seems that you should be in safe mode with networking...before downloading rkill, etc.

Louis

#3 Grizzlies64

Grizzlies64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:10 PM

Removal Guide, Antivirus Soft

As I read the instructions...it seems that you should be in safe mode with networking...before downloading rkill, etc.

Louis

yeah i understand that like i downloaded it and when i click on it rkill starts and everything but it just stops. while in safe mode it says

"this special diagnostic mode of windows enables you to fix a problem which may be caused by your network or hardware settings. make sure these settings are correct in control panel, then try starting windows again. while in safe mode some of your devices may not be available"

to proceed work in safe mode click "yes" if you prefer to use system restore to restore your computer to a previous state click "no"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users