Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:08 AM
my friend computer is infected with security tool rogue virus. here's what i tried
1. unable to access safemode or safemode with networking it just boot loop repeatedly to advance boot option. computer windows xp home edition. internet connection available but limited cause security tool always popup
2. cant access msconfig, cmd, regedit, taskamager, proccessxp (third party taskmanger) malwarebytes, super anti spyware, trojan remover, portable super ant spyware file name as random numbers with .com file extention it just flashes for a sec then close down automatically then security tool popup saying msconfig and all the application listed saying that it is infected
3. tried renaming file extention. to .com .bat .scr .pif same error security tool popup saying the file is infected conitinue unprotected?
4. tried running rkill same error. even tried online scanner didnt work unable to run.
5. also tried renaming regedit.exe to regedit.com or .bat no luck
6. system restore unavailable its disabled. no restore point available
7. export HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT .exefile entry and renamed it to blah.reg from another computer and transfer the file over to the infected computer. same thing security tool popup saying blah.reg is infected.
im out of possible solution. any inputs?