Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security tool also

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jaypot

Jaypot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:08 AM

my friend computer is infected with security tool rogue virus. here's what i tried
1. unable to access safemode or safemode with networking it just boot loop repeatedly to advance boot option. computer windows xp home edition. internet connection available but limited cause security tool always popup
2. cant access msconfig, cmd, regedit, taskamager, proccessxp (third party taskmanger) malwarebytes, super anti spyware, trojan remover, portable super ant spyware file name as random numbers with .com file extention it just flashes for a sec then close down automatically then security tool popup saying msconfig and all the application listed saying that it is infected
3. tried renaming file extention. to .com .bat .scr .pif same error security tool popup saying the file is infected conitinue unprotected?
4. tried running rkill same error. even tried online scanner didnt work unable to run.
5. also tried renaming regedit.exe to regedit.com or .bat no luck
6. system restore unavailable its disabled. no restore point available
7. export HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT .exefile entry and renamed it to blah.reg from another computer and transfer the file over to the infected computer. same thing security tool popup saying blah.reg is infected.

im out of possible solution. any inputs?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaypot

Jaypot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

up

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

Hello we need to try to get a DDS log
please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic from step 9. Not Here
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users