I am glad that it worked
The desktop shortcut of IE is actually not a real shortcut, so this method will not work. But you can try this method :Warning
We would be changing some entries in the Windows Registry, so please backup your Windows' Registry for safety. You can use ERUNT
for doing this.
- Close all the instances of Internet Explorer.
- Right click on Taskbar, select Task Manager
. Under Processes
tab, check that there is no iexplore.exe
listed. If listed then, select it and click End Process
- Open Registry Editor (Start Menu > Run, type regedit
, press Enter)
- Navigate to the following section HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
- In the right side pane, you would find a value named Window_Placement
. Select it by clicking on it once and press Del
key to delete it.
- Restart Internet Explorer. Maximize it and close it.
Now try launching from the Desktop shortcut.
Edited by Romeo29, 31 March 2010 - 09:42 PM.