Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't able to install Microsoft Office 2003..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SameerPrehistorica

SameerPrehistorica

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:23 AM

I accidentally deleted the MSOcache folder.

When i try to install Microsoft Office 2003, its says :

Microsoft Office Setup did not complete successfully. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there anyway to download the MSOcache ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:18 AM

The MSOCache folder is created when you install Office 2003 from the install disk.
You are then given the choice to keep it or delete it. It's best to keep it as occasionally
you are asked if you want to install features and if you do, the program accesses
the Cache folder, otherwise you would need to insert your install disk.

So, do you have a Microsoft Office disk. If so and you are having problems setting up,
you need to ensure that the program is properly uninstalled first and then try again.
If it sets up OK, you will have a new MSOCache folder, if you have chosen to keep
the setup files on your computer.

If you have no disk, the answer is no, you cannot download an MSOCache folder.

Remove the Office program through Add /Remove. If it won't go for some reason,
you could use the REVO uninstaller.

Freeware version:

http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/...4-10687648.html

The WinCleanup Utility may also assist:

MS Article (kb 290301) :

"When you are working on your computer and installing a new program, the installation suddenly fails.
Now you are left with a partly installed program. You try to install the program again, but you are unsuccessful.
Or, maybe you have problems trying to remove an old program because the installation files are corrupted.

You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer.
Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer.
However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

#3 SameerPrehistorica

SameerPrehistorica
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:10 AM

The problem is..i dont have that disc now.........

and..i opened that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility ..it didnt showed Microsoft Office 2003 in it..because it is deleted already clearly...so..i think..there is no way i can install Microsoft Office 2003 except..if someone gives me the disk for Microsoft Office 2003.........That's very bad for me.

#4 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:48 AM

Sorry to hear that.
I assume that Microsoft Office no longer appears in Add / Remove,
or if it does, a repair install is failing because it cannot access a disk or the MSOCache folder.

If you borrowed a disk, that would be in breach of the software licence.
If you are a student, you could probably take advantage of the favourable terms for purchase
of the program from Microsoft.

Otherwise, I suggest that you get one of the free programs available,
perhaps OpenOffice, which is compatible with Word documents.

Version 3.2.0
http://download.openoffice.org/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users