Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer locks up when returning from standby.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thenelson

thenelson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:48 AM

I just upgraded to a solid state drive. I cloned my hard drive to the solid state drive using Acronis True Image Home 2010. Everything is working fine except now, when I try to return from standby the computer locks up with a black screen. It did not do this before I cloned and swapped to the solid state drive. I have the latest video driver but upgraded it anyway to no avail. Windows XP Tablet Version Sp3 Toshiba Stylistic 5112

System event log:
3/31/2010 3:38:19 AM Service Control Manager Error None 7000 N/A STYLISTIC The lxdvCATSCustConnectService service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
3/31/2010 3:38:19 AM Service Control Manager Error None 7009 N/A STYLISTIC Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the lxdvCATSCustConnectService service to connect.

Any ideas on how to fix this? TIA

Edited by thenelson, 31 March 2010 - 05:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:33 AM

Apparently that sevice belongs to a Lexmark printer. You can try to uninstall the printer and driver and test to see it it was the problem. If so reinstall and test again.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users