Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can add a Geforece 9600 GT on my •Micro-ATX: 24.4cm X 24.4cm motherboard?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 darkviolet

darkviolet

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:33 AM

Hello Everyone,

Good afternoon to you,

I have a pavilion t3205.es computer and i was given a Geforce 9600 GT as a gift to install.

The problem is i dont no if the motherbaord is big enough to suppourt the card (power is sufficent and space is suficent)?

Here is the link to the specification of my motherboard - http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...ectID=c00378480

Upon looking at the diagram and general look it seems that the holders for ram will get in the way of the graphics card + plus no way does it fit in the case that i have currently!

What do you excellent people suggest, change to a bigger case and keep the same board or do i have to get a new board as well as a new case?

All answers are really appreciated

Thank you and kind regards.

Violet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

It really depends on what you want to do with the computer. If your looking for a gaming computer than I would say start from scratch and build a new one. If you don't do much other than surf the web and do office type stuff than I would say load up on what will make a difference that being the max memory and the best proccessor you can find. It looks to me as if the memory would be in the way as well but there is no test better than seeing if it will actually fit in person. With out knowing what video card you have or what the specs/power supply is in your PC it would be hard to tell what may or may not work.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 darkviolet

darkviolet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:06 AM

hey m8, ty for your reply really appreciate it,
after i posted this reply i did install everything, and as you asked i was upgrading for a little bit for gaming, i couldnt fit the 9600GT in the case that came with my system when i brought it, so i changed to a bigger case and the GT fits very snuggly onto the motherboard.

Thanks alot for the help. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users