Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google and Youtube; layouts drastically changing at random?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 T_Dominici

T_Dominici

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:35 AM

Not totally sure if this belongs here or not, but I just wanted to see if anyone here could help figure out this mystery.
For the past few months when I do a google search, every now and then the layout of the search results page will be totally different. I'll ask a friend to check it and it will still be the normal layout for him, at the same time it is a new layout for me. Then I'll restart my computer and the old regular layout will be back again.

Now over the past few weeks the same exact thing has been happening with Youtube. I'll go there and the layout and format will be totally different; I'll ask a friend to go there and it will still be the same old format for them. I restart and it goes back to the old format.

I searched this and found a few other instances of people experiencing this, but I have yet to find any actual explanation. It's also extra annoying because the new layouts in both cases are vastly inferior to the original, particularly with Youtube. So, anyone got any idea why this is happening?

Here's what I mean with the switch in layout with Google...old/regular at the top, new/changed at the bottom.

Posted Image

And with Youtube...again, old/regular at the top, new/changed on bottom.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

Are you clicking Show Options on the Google results page? That should bring up the left hand column. Youtube changed the layout a few weeks ago and they're changing it again today. I read about it but haven't seen it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users