Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spysweeper up for renewal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 17 September 2005 - 10:43 AM

I thought that I would post here to get opinions on spysweeper and hope that there are users here.
I have been using it for almost one year and it will be up for renewal next month. i have tried disenabling it at start up and enabling it and there is not much difference in the slowdown it creates at startup.
I find it really annoying, I have a notebook toshiba, pentiurm 4, 1.9 ghz, 512 RAM and mobile processor and xp home edition.

I wondered if other users experience the same problems as i am wondering if it is worth purchasing it again.

i currnetly use
adaware se
spybot search and destroy
a2
spyware blaster
trojan hunter

and of course my A/V.

Would appreciate comments, thankyou
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronniebebe

Ronniebebe

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:13 AM

I've used SpySweeper now about two months.I find no slow downs. Its set on the timer to scan. I kind of like the program. :thumbsup:
WWS

#3 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 17 September 2005 - 05:47 PM

Thx for the reply, i tried to disable my spysweeper from enabling itself at startup and have been unsuccessful as it continues to do so.
What do you have your settings at so it does not startup at boot?

Also I liked the proggy at the start as well, however now I am having these problems and I don't seem to be alone with issues with this proggy as Castle Cops has a whole forum on "Spysweeper".
This is the link, take a look
Spysweeper Forum

I likely will post here regarding the slowdown with the proggy insisting to run at boot up, and I understand that is because it runs in the background.
I would appreciate it to know what your settings are at for start up.
Thankyou and cheers! :thumbsup:
Don't get me wrong I have used the proggy for a year in October, however of late it is simply causing me this major issue and our in house tech has looked at it and suggested that the best way to deal with it is to get ride of it and use another proggy. One that does not operate by this process.
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users