Hard to say Herby. Scan lengths depend on many things. Number of files, hard drive size, rocesser speed etc..
ESET scans generally from what I've seen take 30 -60 mins.
Please perform a scan with Eset Online Antiivirus Scanner
.(Requires Internet Explorer to work. If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)Vista users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator. Right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
Note: Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.
- Click the green ESET Online Scanner button.
- Click on the Start button next to it.
- You may receive an alert on the address bar that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then click Insall ActiveX component.
- A new window will appear asking "Do you want to install this software?"".
- Answer Yes to download and install the ActiveX controls that allows the scan to run.
- Click Start.
- Check Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications.
- Click Scan to start. (please be patient as the scan could take some time to complete)
- If offered the option to get information or buy software. Just close the window.
- When the scan has finished, a log.txt file will be created and automatically saved in the C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\ folder.
- Click > Run..., then copy and paste this command into the open box: C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
- The scan results will open in Notepad. Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.