Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File sharing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rfgggg

rfgggg

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

hey back once again.......this time with file sharing problems....

i dont remember if i posted something on here bout bein able to access my windows 7 computer file from my xp but not the other way around or not....but this time i cant access my windows 7 file from my xp my windows 7 can access my xp files...

all i know is that somthing disconnected the two while my 7 was asleep...i know that didnt cause the problem cause it never has till now....

so at first i thought ok ill just remap the drive....but that didnt work it sayd i wasnt connected i though odd...ill try from the 7 computer....nothing....

so then i check and made sure that the were A. on the same network and B. that they were in the same work group....they were

so i fiddled with it for a while tyed resetin my router and modem...nothin...so them i restarted both computers and it would work sort of....

on my 7 computer i went and mapped my xp harddrive to test it out it work!.....so then i went to my xp compputer and did the same and mapped my 7 hdd....tryed it first it sayed access denied....so then i went back to 7 and made sure file sharing was turned on....went back to xp nothing....so then i tryed mappin a different part of the drive the most important one i though....was my account on 7.....went back to xp i could view the files copy and past them but cant write....now i have not changed any options all of them were the same as when i had it working but now i cant write for some reason.....

then i came here hoping i could get some help....

P.S. nothing really important here but the only reason that i really realised the my file sharing wasnt workin was when i went to transfer a file to my ipod.....and it didnt work....ipod have 13.5 gigs of free space and the file is only 6 gigs.....

bleepin computers.....somtimes i wonder why i bother and then i start play a game and remember why............

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:35 PM

Do you have a password set on your accounts?

#3 rfgggg

rfgggg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

yes.....i halready knew that cause as i said that i have NOT changed any settings from when it was working......

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:05 PM

So it works going from Windows 7 to XP Drive but not from XP to Windows 7? I would disable file and printer sharing on both computers, then enable them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users