Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Analyse "Hijack This" Result

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stephop2

stephop2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:09 AM

Hi Ladies and Gentleman.
Thankyou for letting me join your forum and as usual, I'll jump straight in with a question.

I am not a very experienced user of computers but have recently developed a problem with "Search Hijackers".

I downloaded "Highjack This" and was wondering, if I put the Log File on here, could someone please tell me what is needed and what is not.

Regards

Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:32 AM

The XP forum is not the place for malware problems...HJT is a malware tool and BC, like most other forums, have specialized avenues for dealing with malware situations.

You may want to follow the administrative instructions at BC Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/, if you think you have a malware problem.

Louis

#3 stephop2

stephop2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:30 AM

Hi Louis

Sorry about that, I was unaware of the procedure.

As I said, I am one of those computer numpties who unfortunately find it necessary to have to use a computer.

Downloading and figuring out how to use the Search Hijacker programme was about my limit, so having read the procedures necessary to actually prepare and then post on the BC site, I am afraid is way over my head so unfortunately will have to pass on it>.

Sorry for bothering you but thanks anyway.

Regards

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users