Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not boot to OS!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 itot2002

itot2002

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

When I press the power button on my Dell Inspiron 1525 - 'Not so special edition', the screen is completely blank even though buttons are on. When I press the power button off//on again the computer turns on, but doesn't make it passed the Dell Icon start up screen. The screen immediately goes blank and this message appears

!! 0xc0000034 !! 159/58853 (program_files_common_files_microsoft_share...)
or
!! 0xc0190036 !! 1106/58853 blah,blah,blah

I'm not the most computer literate person, but I've tried it all. I've done the complete system restore option, start-up repair, system restore, windows memory diagonostic. I've done all the F2's, F8's and F12s. Nothing is working. It won't even go into Safe mode and the Windows Vista reinstallation Disk isn't doing anything.

This problem started when we downloaded Windows Update Pack 2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

and the Windows Vista reinstallation Disk isn't doing anything

First of all, do you have any important data on your computer, because, if reinstallation disk is used, everything will be erased?

When you press CTRL + F11 at Dell's logo, you should be able to get to Dell's recovery partition, which should give you non-destructive Windows reinstall option.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 itot2002

itot2002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:17 PM

I tried CRTL - F11 but it didn't help. I do have all my data backed up on a portable hard drive. Do you have any idea what those error messages are?

!! 0xc0000034 !! 159/58853 (program_files_common_files_microsoft_share...)

#4 itot2002

itot2002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:21 PM

!! 0xc00034 !! - has something to do with a registry problem?

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

Try what Brett1111111 said here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...84-fb58c5da5ad0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users