Hi luis, in the following I make the endevour to work thru your queries, but may I repeat that I am not computer
litereate and in what I note I will have misconceptions re. your statements. Frankly, the whole issue is becoming
so intricate (to my untrained thought) that I see my ultimate move to place this computor with all the involved maladies
in front of an IT professional - with all due apologies and thanks to you. However to proceed - I attempt to enumerate
your lined queries as follows.
1. Last AV scan - just about every day. Installed - Avast! Anti Virus, plus Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Microsft Security Essentials,
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, ca/yahoo! Anti-Spy and Windows Defender.
2. Running sfc/scannow command? Yes, a few moments ago. Sfc.exe - do not have Windows XP Inst. disc. Running
sfc/scannow command, under Marc Liron - Microsoft MVP, then fix system 32 errors. How to fix DLL errors, duly downloaded
but cannot open.
3. Examined event viewer. I do not comprehend how to do so - a full-stop.
4. How to use event viewer - right pane, checked for errors - there are many + some warnings so right clcik on 1st error
& then on properties, then left click on Security for- 1,735 events & click on system category, for numerous errors.
(Which makes me feel the worst of possible outcomes and a complete loss in my ability to follow your resolve).
That avenue of checking I then terminated.
5. System Manf. and model. Microsoft Windows XP, Version 2002, Service Pack #3. Registered to Ken.
Computor AMD AthlonXP2400+ 2.00GHz, 512MB of RAM.
6. Error message, none after scanning 100% and then "opening" does not occur, anytime.
7. Other system anomalies ? Apart from taking a long time to get onto the net (after an overnight switch off)
it can take mebbe 30 minutes to log onto Yahoo! I have the Talktalk phone and Broadband service.
8. Are all critical updates installed ? All, BUT only up to the point when installing the updates became totally
impossible to any !
I think that you will agree that due to the circumstance of my lack of computer comprehension that your further
labours would be wasted.
Cryptodan, I have at least 70% of drive space.
Thank you, Ken ProtheroeEDITED to remove license data ~ Hamluis.
Edited by hamluis, 01 April 2010 - 11:31 AM.