Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

browser redirect problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 gbcomp

gbcomp

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:23 PM

In Mozialla firefox, I get redirected to advertising sites when doing a search, facebook login for the UK. I also get a pop-up that states my browser is unsafe and recommends that I download a Windows security update.

Thanks!
Dan

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tetonbob

tetonbob

• Malware Response Team
  • 796 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click "Options" at the upper right of the page, then click "Track this topic". Make sure it is set to "Immediate Email Notification", then click Proceed.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please visit the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help page, and provide the logs from DDS and GMER rootkit scanner.
Practice Safe Surfing

Proud Member of UNITE since 2006

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2015

#3 gbcomp

gbcomp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:05 PM

problem has been solved when I found a March 31st, 2010 update to download..

I used the mbam.exe to get rid of my problem,\

thansk to all for your help!

#4 tetonbob

tetonbob

• Malware Response Team
  • 796 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

Hi -

Thanks for letting me know. MBAM is very good at what it does, and HijackThis still has it uses, but is simply not detailed enough for today's infections, which is why we ask for a more detailed set of logs using DDS and GMER rootkit scanner. If you'd like, I'd be glad to peruse those logs, as well as review the log from MBAM.

If not, let me know.

Edited by tetonbob, 02 April 2010 - 11:10 PM.

Practice Safe Surfing

#5 tetonbob

tetonbob

• Malware Response Team
  • 796 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:03 AM

Surf Safely, and Think Prevention!

Since this issue is resolved, this topic will be archived.
Practice Safe Surfing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users