Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A few things going on right now

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wizejoker

wizejoker

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:54 AM

Hey,

I've been working on fixing a few issues with my computer over the past few days. I've been posting in the malware forum but we've gotten to a point where there's not another easy step. Everytime I try to restart my computer, it first pulls up a screen that asks whether I would like to open the Recovery Console or Windows XP Home. I have tried many times to get my computer to start in Safe Mode, yet it will never get all the way there. There's an error screen that says there has been either a hardware or software change recently that is causing it not to work correctly.

Besides that, I often have the Wizard for installing drivers pop up when I do restart my computer. It's for two different things. One might be my hard drive. It's a fujitsu MHV2080AT. It is installed in my device manager so I don't know why that happens. My DVD drive also pops up with the same error. It hasn't been working for a few months, or so I think. I hardly run anything in there anymore and I tried a week ago and it just didn't respond.

Lastly there's been a malware issue that I've tried to solve in another forum. After using several different programs(SAS, MalwareBytes, Spybot), I just cannot solve this problem where search engines get redirected to sites that are something like advertising. Other malware issues have popped up but they have seemed to subside since this whole ordeal.

Any suggestions? Is my computer just on its last leg? It's nearly 4 years old. If it is on its last leg, should I get an external harddrive to back up everything or is there an easier way?

Thanks for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users