Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Card Drivers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 16 September 2005 - 11:42 PM

Ok recently I've moved around my 5.1 speakers and everytime I got to move them around I got to re-calibrate the system with my drivers. Well I went to re-calibrate it, however I get an error saying the file cannot be found. So I tried reinstalling the drivers, however I get the BSOD while installing them and while uninstalling the drivers.

The only way I can see around this is a re-format, but if anyone sees a different way without having to reformat I'd be more than happy to listen. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 windowsxp550

windowsxp550

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:16 AM

Hi Yanowhiz!

It's been awhile :thumbsup:

Anyhow, this is what I would do....go into your device manager (make sure to show hidden devices by clicking "View-ShowHiddenDevices" in Device Manager). Then look for any yellow Exclamation Points. If you don't find any, then expand your Sound, Video and Game Controllers and find the sound driver that you were trying to install. Double click on it and manually update the driver

To do that, click on the Driver Tab, then click Update Driver, then check mark "No Not this time" to the first screen, then click next, then Check mark Install from a list or a specific location(Advanced), then click next....then check mark " Don't search I will choose the driver to install" then click next ...

Then Click Have Disk. Then Put your Mainboard Driver CD in your CD Rom, and then click Browse...

Browse into your Driver disk for your Mainboard, and find the audio driver (it is usally obvious, the folders are usually named for example "AUDIO", or "USB") once you have found your audio driver, select it and click ok, then click next and it will install.....

Try that
Free PC Help: At FixMyXP.com, our Speciality is Windows XP.
Got An XP Problem or Question? Get expert help, all free Check it out!
Click Here to go to FixMyXP's Windows XP Help Forum

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2005 - 02:49 PM

Yes it has been a while. :thumbsup: Glad to hear from you.

I looked in the device manager and I found 2 things with the exclamation point Parport and pwipf2 under the "Non-Plug 'n Play Drivers."

I reinstalled the drivers according to what you said and that worked without the BSOD, however I still keep getting the following error when I go to open my calibrator to adjust my speakers.

SpkrCal
Error! Calibrator will now exit.

Thats all it says :flowers: I wish it was more specific.

Here is the name of the drivers/sound card I have:

Creative SB Audigy 2 (WDM)

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:59 PM

Ok I got the calibrator to work. I went to Creative's site and did an update on everything. (And man, I was really out-dated, since March of 2004). So after doing the updates the calibrator works. :thumbsup: Now I'm happy. :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users