Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista reinstalled when I meant repair

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dan_dtm

dan_dtm

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:34 AM

My laptop died over the weekend, having managed to resurrect the hard drive (its only 7 months old) I got it to boot from the CD and I clicked on "install now" instead of the repair computer option.

Is there an easy way to get rid of the new install of Vista and then get the old version repaired, so that I don't have to set everything up again? Its saved windows, program files folders etc in a Windows.old folder. Would it just be a matter of copying these folders back out of the windows.old folder, or is there a better or more recommended way of doing it?

Its Vista Home Premium, on a Dell Inspiron 1545

TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users