Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan horse Generic 17.YZP is infecting autochk.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bill the PI

Bill the PI

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:40 AM

Our family has two computers infected by a virus called "Trojan horse Generic 17.YZP" which is infecting c:\\windows\system32\autochk.exe according to AVG. I have ran ComboFix.exe and it says that the infected autochk.exe file was removed and replaced but when I re-run AVG as to the c:\\windows\system32 folder the same autochk.exe file is still infected. ComboFix created a ComboFix.txt file loging its scan.
Does anyone have an answer.

Thanks,
Bill the PI

EDIT: Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

Edited by Budapest, 29 March 2010 - 01:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

At this point, I think this one is best left to the experts, so I'm going to refer you to the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Forum.

Please read the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help in cleaning your computer. Once complete, post a link back to this forum so the HJT team knows what we have tried.

Please be patient as the HJT team is quite busy sometimes and it may take a day or even a few for someone to pickup your log but someone will get back to you.
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users