Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sound from batch in windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rfgggg

rfgggg

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

ok now as most of you probably know already in windows xp and most other windows OS you could use a one line simple batch file to play a sound and then close automaticly now what im wondering is that possible in winodows 7?

now i know that this was probably covered some where but i cant find it any where ive been searchin for bout a month now if anyone knows how please do tell and i dont want this to be somethin that people are tryin to hurry and awnser take your time and post any other fun things in here after the sound batch has been taken care of

cant wait to see all yalls awnsers....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

Try this:

From a command line type: echo @echo [Ctrl-g] > beep.bat[Enter]

[Ctrl-g] means press the Ctr & G keys on the keyboard, [Enter] means press the Enter key, don't type the square brackets ([]). This will create a one-line batch file called beep.bat. When you invoke it, it will beep, then exit. Is that what you're looking for?

If you're looking for a way to play a sound file, that's more difficult. Try this: echo @"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" c:\windows\media\chimes.wav > chime.bat[Enter]
This will create a one-line bat file that will invoke WMP to play the the chimes.wav file. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to close WMP after it plays the wav file. In previous versions of windows you could use the /close parameter to have wmp close after playing the file.

Edited by strolln, 28 March 2010 - 08:17 PM.

To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users