Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DTK_03

DTK_03

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

Ok my computer is acting really strange. It started yesterday when Internet Explorer suddenly started crashing I tried opening without addons it popped up but when I tried to go to websites it would just shut down. So I decided to just fix it the next morning which was a bad idea, because a family member tried his hand at it and did some things (I guess used some emergency recovery boot CD which I assume was unnessacary for the earlier problem) and soon everything was gone (No start menu or shortcuts I can't ctrl-alt-delete either) the only thing was the desktop image. Then it started going to the logon screen with a message saying windows activation product saying that i needed to activate it so I try doing that over the internet but it wouldn't do that either it said the modem couldn't be found, Which is strange because before IE7 stopped working saying it couldn't renew the IP address but after a while the IP address was fine saying the connection was excellent so there was that, so after I said remind me later it just threw me back to the logon screen and it started looping. I've tried opening in safe mode but it just reboots. I'm really stuck.

Edited by DTK_03, 28 March 2010 - 05:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

You could try a repair install:

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 DTK_03

DTK_03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:36 AM

It might take a couple of daysto find the CD but I'll try

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users