Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Over Heating ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KennyC

KennyC

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

Hello, Ill start immideately by saying that I know very very little regarding hardware (watched over a freinds shoulder as he built a computer) and thats about it. I know bleep about troubleshooting hardware problems.

Here is my problem ( I think..)

A few days ago my computer started emitting loud constant beeps. and they only way I got it to stop was shut it off. I eventually gleaned through some googling that this might be BIOS beep code. My board is an ASUS P5N-E SLI, and the loud constant beeps seems to fall into the over heat code category.(at least according to the site I stumbled on). I opened up the case and thouroughly blew out all the dust then watched to see if all the fans were running, which they are. I have 3 case fans One up front, one in back and one on the side) and then I there is the heatsink fan and the fan on the video card. Everything was fine for a few days until today its been intermittently going off. (maybe 5-10 second episodes at the longest) During one I noticed one of the case fans(a small one on the side blink off and the beeping immediately started then it came back on and the beeping stopped.

Anyways a freind sent me this program but I havent really found any solid info on what tempatures are OK.

This screenshot was taken shortly after start up with only Itunes and Outlook open.

Posted Image

Googling has lead me to believe that these are pretty high.

Right now though the Core 0 and Core 1 temps are around 40 degrees celcius and I have just my broweser and outlook open.

I work from home so the computer stays on for stints as long as 16-20 hours and I usually hibernate it when I go to sleep.
I sometimes forget and it stays on all night but the past couple days IVe been hibernating it.

I hope that covers everything and I appreciate any help

Edited by KennyC, 28 March 2010 - 03:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Axegrinder

Axegrinder

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

Try removing the heatsink and replacing the thermal compound as it can go abit cruddy over time. Your GPU temps seem a abit high also.

Edited by Axegrinder, 28 March 2010 - 04:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users