Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tempremental Comcast

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ChicagoMel

ChicagoMel

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

I use Comcast email and am confused about a minor detail. Some emails I've tried to send have not gone through. The main problem appears to be with Gmail addresses, or at least both of the mails I've been attempting to send were Gmail. But then I tested by sending another friend an email at Gmail and it went through fine. All my other emails seem to go through okay, and I receive messages fine. Could it be my firewall, or just a glitch between the mail providers?

I checked my preferences and filters and don't see anything that would block anything.

Edited by ChicagoMel, 28 March 2010 - 01:08 PM.

Was using Firefox...until Chrome took over.

One God, One Truth, One Savior-Jesus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

I doubt it's your firewall since mail is being sent out.

There was a problem with multiple Comcast servers being down Friday, but that issue was resolved.
I don't think there is a link between the outage and your issue.

The filters only apply to incoming mail, not outgoing.

At this point I want to direct you to the Comcast help forums. Those forums are provided to Comcast customers, and are a great resource for vendor specific issues. There are forums for computer issues, email issues, security, internet, cable tv, and CDV.
Many times we, the users there, can provide answers tech support and customer service can't.

Click the link below, you'll be sent to the sign in page. Log in with your Comcast user ID (the part before .net) and your password. You will next see a first time forum users page, asking you to choose a screen name for use in the forums. Once you set that up, you'll be taken to the actual forums.

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/

Post your issue in the Email forum. Include as many details as possible. Are you using SmartZone or an email client for mail access? Are you receiving any error or bounce messages? Is so, post the entire error or bounce message. Substitute
xxx for any part of addresses before the @whatever.

How did you find out the messages are not going through?
Have they gone through to these addresses in the past? Whatever you can think of, include it.
The email experts will do their best to help you solve this issue.

(Once you get to the forum, save the page to your favorites. If you want to get to it from the Comcast home page, you have to jump through hoops to reach it)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 March 2010 - 02:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users