Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 blu ray

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nkaczynski

nkaczynski

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

My blu ray drive has a blu ray disc in it, but My Computer isn't showing that anything (even the drive itself)there there.

The blu ray player has worked in the past with this disc and other discs.

I have not installed any new software or hardware

I was trying to find my specific blu ray model to update my drivers but didn't know how.

When I first tried to play the disc an error message came up with the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it from AMD RAIDxpert saying something was "unplugged".

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

Have you check the cable it self ?

Try to open your tower/case, find the cables that are attached in the blu ray drive, spray some contact cleaner or if you dont have just blow with your mouth. Then reattach the cables.

Check if that works.

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:06 PM

Hi nkaczynski and welcome to BC.com!

Can you give us some information on your Blu-Ray drive's manufacturer and model number?

Have you checked Device Manager to see if your drive is listed? If it is and has a yellow exclamation point icon, you could try uninstalling the drive and rebooting the computer and allow windows 7 to reinstall the drive.

If you have already tried this proceedure and it failed, then please reply with the information I asked for above.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#4 nkaczynski

nkaczynski
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

I opened up the tower. It's an HP Pavilion Elite e9240f PC that I got off new egg maybe two months ago. All the documentation just says "Bluray Player." No other info. I couldn't figure out how to get it all the way out to look on the bottom or somewhere for a model number. The metal frame has everything pretty locked in place. All I could see on the back was SATA POWER and SATA DATA and the four plugs P5 and P1 and S7 and S1. I unplugged them, blew on them like an old school NES game and replugged them in. Ta-da! It's working again. Still not sure what happened or the model number, but I guess for now all is well. Thanks, folks.

#5 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

What happened was that because of dust, it wasn't making good contact. I'm glad it worked :thumbsup:

#6 nkaczynski

nkaczynski
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:21 AM

Ok. It's did it again, but I took a screenshot this time of the error message, pasted it into paint and am loading it up here for you to look at.

It says
AMD RAIDXpert
Disk (Port Number 3, Target ID 1) unplugged

It's the same message I got before.

I'm gonna jostle the cables again and see if that works, but I wanted to share that message.

Attached Files

#7 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

Try changing the SATA slot to another one on the mother board.

It also might be the case that the pins of the Sata cable are loose so they wont make good contact.

If you have another DVD drive with Sata, try changing the cable with the bluray one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users