Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't email documents or pictures

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 canoe

canoe

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:15 AM

Can't send a picture of anything from the document file. When I click that attachment it says, "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program, or if one is already installed, create an association in the default conrol panel." I have email thru yahoo, also prairieinet, and live.com. How can I do an association with email? Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Moved to more appropriate forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 28 March 2010 - 09:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:37 AM

What exactly are you trying to do? You're getting that error because Windows is looking for an email program to do the task you are trying to do. It's not smart enough to go to your web-based email accounts.

Could you please explain in greater detail what exactly you are trying to do?
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 canoe

canoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

I have some written material in microsoft word processor tha needs to be email. I click on the document, then email, and this is what I get " No email program is associated with it and it says to crreate an asociation in the default control panell.", It says the same thing if I try to email a picture from the picture file.

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:21 AM

Please supply us with the following information. What operating system you are presently using, what version of Microsoft Word you are using.

The above information will help us help you with getting your documents associated with your yahoo mail client.

Thanks in advace!
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 canoe

canoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:31 AM

I'm using Windows 7 on a Hewlett Packard. I click on Microsoft task launcher, and then microsoft word processor.

When I click on a picture in Windows Live Photo Gallery to email it I get the same thing. "Need to establish an assosciation in the default control panel.
Thanks

#6 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

Okay, I understand now.

You cannot use the email function built into your word processor to email it to somebody, unless you use an email program like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. You will have to log in to your web-based email account (in your web browser), and attach the file (whether it be document, photo, etc..) to your email. Here is how to do it in Yahoo email.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users