Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fold Phone and Bluetooth

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sparky0138

sparky0138

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:47 AM

I have a question about bluetooth which is pretty simple, however I've been unable to find the answer through Google so I hope someone here will be able to help me. I'm thinking about buying this phone which is a flip/fold phone. It has bluetooth but I've never used bluetooth before. What I want to know is whether or not the phone would need to be left unfolded in order for me to be able to answer it, possibly using a device such as this.

To me, it seems daft that a flip phone would bother having bluetooth if it's impossible to answer it without having to flip it open first but I wanted to check first before buying. Hope someone can help. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 carri

carri

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:45 AM

Hi Sparky :blink: Quite a few of the fold and flip type of phones have the option of using the volume keys at the side to answer or reject a call whilst the phone is folded. So it's possible that its the same for this particular phone, and they can work with the blue tooth device that you are considering. To be sure I would contact a reputable Nokia dealer who should be able to guide you.
Posted Image
Hug someone today and get on their nerves!

#3 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

Hi,

I have a Nokia 5350 bluetooth flip phone which I connect to a Motorola T505 hands free device which has a FM transmitter so I can use the car stereo for phone conversations. Very helpful as it makes it so easy to hear the call. My phone can be left open or closed, calls are answered and ended by touching a button on the T505. I don't have to take my eyes off the road to use it.

For my particular phone it is important to have a car charger as the battery just doesn't last long.

I connect my phone to my PC through a USB bluetooth adaptor. Very fast and convenient to update contacts. I also use various other bluetooth devices such as headphones, adapter to connect my phone to play MP3's on my home stereo etc.

Bluetooth is very useful.

Hope that helps

#4 sparky0138

sparky0138
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:48 AM

Thank you, Carri and Justa! Your information and advice is very much appreciated! :blink:

#5 carri

carri

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:31 AM

You are welcome, hope its a help :blink:
Posted Image
Hug someone today and get on their nerves!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users