Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DeFogger

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chas Brunson

Chas Brunson

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:40 PM

I was fixing a problem with a Win32 virus, and recieving help from BC. Part of the preprocess of using malware removal tools was to disable my CD emulation Software. I downloaded a DeFogger, and all the application does was either enable or disable your software. I had no problems with disableing. I forgot to reenable to Software when I was done and the forum is lost know. I get a message that in a small windows box says, unable to open file. On the title bar its reads, DeFogger- Error. There us also a big red X before it reads unable to open file. I cannot find a log for the DeFogger.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:18 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

I copied these instructions for using this program:

To disable CD Emulation programs using DeFogger please perform these steps:
1.Please download DeFogger to your desktop.
2.Once downloaded, double-click on the DeFogger icon to start the tool.
3.The application window will now appear. You should now click on the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
4.When it prompts you whether or not you want to continue, please click on the Yes button to continue
5.When the program has completed you will see a Finished! message. Click on the OK button to exit the program.
6.If CD Emulation programs are present and have been disabled, DeFogger will now ask you to reboot the machine. Please allow it to do so by clicking on the OK button.

To enable CD Emulation programs using DeFogger please perform these steps:
1.Please download DeFogger to your desktop.
2.Once downloaded, double-click on the DeFogger icon to start the tool.
3.The application window will now appear. You should now click on the Enable button to enable your CD Emulation drivers
4.When it prompts you whether or not you want to continue, please click on the Yes button to continue
5.When the program has completed you will see a Finished! message. Click on the OK button to exit the program.
6.If CD Emulation programs are present and have been enabled, DeFogger will now ask you to reboot the machine. Please allow it to do so by clicking on the OK button.

Let us know if this provides resolution.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 28 March 2010 - 08:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users