Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Major Goof

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 logan1957

logan1957

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

Howdy, Here's a major goof for you. Whilst trying to find out why HP's web smart print program would not work with Firefox 3.6.2, I had an error message come up saying that one of the HKEY_CLSid_keys was corrupt and was preventing me from installing my printer again. It was suggested that I remove that key. So I went to the registry and punched in the key number, then hit FIND NEXT. Much to my surprise the entire CLSid folder vanished. Now I've been reading on line how to fix this problem, yet the folder has to be here somewhere as my computer boots up, works normally and shuts down properly, yet when I try to remove a program my uninstall program tells me that it can't be removed due to missing MSI installer, yet the program will remove. Can someone tell me what the heck is goin on?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Logan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

Have you tried doing a system restore to a time before you messed with the registry?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users