Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to cool my system

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rangerbob86

Rangerbob86

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 16 September 2005 - 11:18 AM

Hi. Im building a computer and Im just wondering what would be the best cooling method. This is defintaly gonna be the hottest computer ive ever built, so please help me out. Here are the specs:

Motherboard - ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Video Card - XFX Geforce 6600GT
RAM - Patriot Signature Series 1GB (2 x 512MB)
Hard Drives - 2 Western Digital Caviar SE 200GB SATA 3.0Gb/s in RAID 0
Operating System - Windows XP Pro w/ SP2

I havent chosen a case yet, because Im not sure what case would be best for cooling. I also havent chosen a Power Supply yet because Im not sure about what I need, ive been looking at probably a 650W though. Please help me out with a case/cooling needs! Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rangerbob86

Rangerbob86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 16 September 2005 - 11:44 AM

Forgot to mention, I have 2 XFX Geforce 6600GT video cards with SLI. Thanks!

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 16 September 2005 - 04:39 PM

I've got a similar system and the power supply I'm using is a Enermax Noisetaker 600W, and it would be enough for your system also. For cooling I'd get a case with several fans and a air-duct for the graphic cards. I went with Antec's Preformance One P180. It's hellish to get everything in there and all the cables through all holes, but once you get it working it's both quiet and cools very well. You should probably also get a 80mm fan for the air-duct.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:55 PM

i would probably go with a full tower, but thats my opinion.

for the PSU i'd go with greater with 600 w

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users