Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound Windows XP home

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 galicmyst

galicmyst

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:47 AM

I have no sound, I then installed a new sound card but no luck, I tried sound recorder and it looked like it was recording but I couldn't hear anything when I played it back.
I use windows media player to play my music,
I have reinstalled XP on a few occasions and never had this problem,the device manager shows no conflicts and it has the correct drivers.
any ideas please I am not very computer wise

//Mod edit: E-mail address removed to protect from spamming, etc.

Edited by KoanYorel, 16 September 2005 - 10:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2005 - 04:35 PM

Two things to check first. did you unplug speakers while you were reinstalling Windows for any reason? Sometimes I stick the plug back into the wrong connection.

If that is okay go to control panel/performance and maintenance/system/hardware/device manager. Go to the sound/video/game devices and see if any items are highlighted in yellow or red.

#3 Pectral

Pectral

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:03 PM

On Windows XP, try uninstalling your Audio Device in Add/Remove Programs. Reboot. A Wizard should launch on restart indicating a new sound device was found and asking if you would like to install it. Log on and click 'Yes' to download and install the new Audio Device.

That method worked for me a few weeks ago when I had the same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users