Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inpsiron mini 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ncneal

ncneal

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prvent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears, again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

***Stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x86F742B8, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

There is no cd/dvd rom drive on this laptop. I tried to boot into Safemode with Command Prompt. No success. I tried to boot to safe mode with networking. No success. Same for safe mode. Every way I could reboot i will always return to the blue screen with the same information. I have a Driver and Utilites Disc, But no cd/dvd drive to connect it to the laptop. I need a way to put it on a flasdrive and start from there. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

Generally, STOP 24 errors involve possible damage to either the file system (NTFS) or the hard drive itself. Information on all STOP errors can be found at
http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm:

"0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions
"

I can't help you with any info about how to accomplish what I would do (run chkdsk /r command from the XP Recovery Console), but others here will probably have some ideas.

In the meantime, you may want to browse Google Search, Recovery Console From Flash Drive

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users