Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netbook freezes up when screen turns off, and when there are a lot of processes?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 idk789

idk789

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

Basically, I have a Gateway netbook -- an LT3103u. I've been through *censored* with it. I'm about to ship it to Texas for repair for the third time, but before I did I wanted to post this:

The main issue I have with it, right now, is this -- whenever there is an excess amount of programs running, if you leave the computer to sit and let the screen turn off, and then you go to move the mouse, the computer will have difficulty coming back -- it'll be beyond sluggish, and somehow the power settings reset by themselves, and occasionally the processor speed settings will somehow be set to 0% for the minimum and maximum processor speed in the power settings. How do I fix this without just disabling the screen from turning off? (I think it would also happen even by disabling it, too) It can't be the wifi card or hardrive, as these both have been replaced by Gateway tech, and yet the problem still exists. Could it be the motherboard or processor?

Specs:
Gateway LT3103u
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 1.20 GHz
2.00 GB RAM
ATI Radeon Graphics card
32-bit Vista Home Basic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:21 PM

You say you're sending this unit back for repairs for the third time, was the first two times for the same problem?

This unit may have had problems when it was manufactured, cold solder joints and production problems that were worked out on later models.

What operating system are you running on this?
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 idk789

idk789
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:55 PM

You say you're sending this unit back for repairs for the third time, was the first two times for the same problem?

This unit may have had problems when it was manufactured, cold solder joints and production problems that were worked out on later models.

What operating system are you running on this?

Nope -- there were other problems with it; they fixed a lot of the other ones... this is just the last one that remains. The wifi card was defective, as well as the hardrive. They sort of just fixed one problem each time I sent it, I guess...

And Vista Home Basic 32-bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users