Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I.P Address

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Heartbeat85

Heartbeat85

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:27 AM

Hi Gal/Guys, I am currently ataying in a Motel because my wife and I seperated.Over a week ago Channel 11 "The Preview Guide" stopped coming in and the Motel Manager said they were upgrading the System (Comcast) and it would be fixed in 5-6 days.That has not happened.I have heard that you have to pay more now for an upgraded package to get the Preview Guide and maybe two other Channels that were removed.Does anybody know or has anybody heard anything about this.The Manager has an Ethernet Wire ran down and I am showing an I.P. Address of 10.1.10.130 I believe.Best I can tell this is a Cisco or Linksys Router probably and I am wondering how and if this effects my Security and Privacy on the Internet.Can anybody shed any light on this.I realize no Computer is totally secure.Also I read that I should disable any anti-virus before downloading SP 3.Everytime I have tried on two Computers of mine the Installation just stopped or it would be unsuccessful.How do you all feel regarding downloading it andusing it ? Should I and if so any tips as to installing.I had DSL where I lived an ran an E-Machine W3052 Desktop I bought in a package deal at Wal-Mart in 2005.I do not know what the ISP Connection Speed is in the Motel here except it says 100.0 MB's I think same as it did at my home.Well the Computer I have know is a HPDC5800 Business Microtower Series with an Intel Dual-Core Processor.I gave 620.00 for it on Sale at Tiger Direct.H.P. list it for 749.99. What I am a little suprised about is that it does not seem to be very little if any faster than the E-Machine.It came with Windows SP2 PRO installed and I have the Windows Vista Operating System Disc if I wanted to install it.But if I did I have heard you have to buy a lot of adapters,etc,to get certain programs to run.I also do not know if the Drivers are any stronger than they were which from what I have read and been told is why Vista did not do so hot.Does anybody have to have a Quad Core Processor and 8 MB of Ram to get more speed ? I am not really dissapointed just suprised.I appreciate any help,suggestions,advice folks.God Bless ! Heartbeat85

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

What do you do on your computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users